Can I get a freakin race report?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I saw I came in 7th. I was kinda eh with that, even though I was picked to come in 19th.
Nice job, considering you where sick during the week. Why u guys look at race predictions? The last thing I want in my head is someone telling me where I'm predicted to finish, I'd look at the prediction after race but never before.
Jeremy, I predict you will have a top 5 finish at some point this cx season.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I know may be meaningless (or is it?) but my cross results number is way too high. (I was predicted to come in NINETEENTH in this race).
After this past weekend, my opinion of Crossresults is FUCK crossresults. I will give you a summary of how it worked for me:

CR: We predict you to lose to these 5 guys easily and finish 86th percentile
Me: I beat all 5 and come in 80% percentile
CR: Fuck yourself, we are going to say that all 5 of those guys did far worse than you and even though you were 6% better than expected we are going to give you the worse result of the year BY FAR.

To me it's total numerical garbage.

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This weekend, I lined up with some powerful and fast ladies at the Northampton CX 40+ Women race. Although I gave it all I had and fought hard, I got crushed and ended up 23 of 25. Obviously, this result is not surprising as I do not “really” train… and only get to ride or go the gym when there are no kids’ activities, but I would be lying if I didn’t say I was not disappointed and thought I would have done better. I find myself in a spot where I’m too fast for the beginner class but too slow for the next category up. I guess the question is whether I keep racing and get mediocre results or take a break until I can actually train for these races?

8DA1154F-AEE9-4F49-9444-0AE8C920FA46.jpeg

This weekend, I lined up with some powerful and fast ladies at the Northampton CX 40+ Women race. Although I gave it all I had and fought hard, I got crushed and ended up 23 of 25. Obviously, this result is not surprising as I do not “really” train… and only get to ride or go the gym when there are no kids’ activities, but I would be lying if I didn’t say I was not disappointed and thought I would have done better. I find myself in a spot where I’m too fast for the beginner class but too slow for the next category up. I guess the question is whether I keep racing and get mediocre results or take a break until I can actually train for these races?

View attachment 80786
Nice job. Have you considered hiring @Norm as a coach?

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
guess the question is whether I keep racing and get mediocre results or take a break until I can actually train for these races?
Can you train during the week at all? 2-3 days a week(for about 75 minutes) doing intervals with a pwr meter. To be more competitive you have to train. Or just avoid races with 25 strong women;)