OOS - Take me to your park!

qclabrat

Frank can answer for himself but I think he jumped it
Lesson learned.... don't get fixated on the wheel of the person in front of you. Look at the trail.
Yeah, I have major issues with that. Like a squirrel on a nut. Need to back off a few bike lengths or it's all I get glued to. I did work quite a bit today on better braking before coming into turns. I used to come in too hot and needed to brake in the turns, which is a newbie mistake. Really like the Banshee and think I'm ready the work on fit. Still not happy with the Pike. Will dropping in a token make it feel more progressive?

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poster
Exactly, I lifted the front wheel over it. At the speed we were going the bike rolled right over it. Spacing between riders is very important, we need work!
There was good distances between you and me. Its just that my eyes were locked on to your wheels that I didn't see the tree/branch until it was too late.

Mtbdog

Yeah, I have major issues with that. Like a squirrel on a nut. Need to back off a few bike lengths or it's all I get glued to. I did work quite a bit today on better braking before coming into turns. I used to come in too hot and needed to brake in the turns, which is a newbie mistake. Really like the Banshee and think I'm ready the work on fit. Still not happy with the Pike. Will dropping in a token make it feel more progressive?
You want to get your braking done before the turn so you can flow thru the turn at max momentum. I'm aiming that as the biggest work in progress for me. Wanna feel the flow!

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poster
@Paul H how you feeling today? Any lingering effects, hope not. Now if those blocks do that for you, I gotta check these things out!
This morning I felt a lot better. Prolly about 20% of the pain went away where I was able to get out of bed without too much pain.
Most of front chest pain is gone and it has migrated to the side. I think a couple of more days I should be back to normal.

As for the Clif Blocks, yeah, they are great. I mean I am shoving down calories every 30 minutes or so... so energy level has been pretty consistent and recovery has been faster. I haven't had any cramping since using them but I do realize that this could be all mental too. Last but not least, I am sure chasing you around had something to do with bettering my fitness.

Great Pics @huffster and a big kudos to @jdgang for helping out!! It looked like everyone had a great time including @Paul H even with his full speed downhill crash.

FTR, I didn't see any resemblance of Out of Shape on this ride. The next tour will be Allamuchy!!
This was my second time at Stephens and first with your lead. I had a blast!

qclabrat

@Mtbdog I just read the updated guided ride descriptions and the Lenosky is probably out of my league. You've got the skills don't let me hold you back
I'm going to let MaryAnne going to back out and do another ride, there are so many now

10:00 AT JORBA. EXPERT SKILLS, 9/10 FITNESS